Kindly note that for the moment, we do not take new files of real estate transaction.

Are you looking for a notary in Montreal to perform the conversion of a divided co-ownership?

Conversion of an undivided condominium to divided co-ownership

Conversion of a building, duplex or multiplex, is an operation that involves converting an undivided co-ownership (in which the owners have a certain share set out in the title deed) into divided co-ownership (in which owners have their apartment as an exclusive portion and also a share of common portion).

Do you need a notary to convert into a divided co-ownership?

The Notary is a lawyer appointed by law to assist you in converting to divided co-ownership. You should show that you have respected the legal requirements. Depending on whether the building is occupied by only the co-owners or by co-owners and tenants, it needs to obtain various authorizations (exemptions or certificates from the municipality and the Rental Board) to carry out this project. The notary must take certain steps such as notifying the tenants, getting a cadastral division, preparing and publishing the declaration of divided co-ownership, and obtaining the consent of the creditor if the property is mortgaged. Mtre. Salehi is also able to prepare for your hearing before the Rental Board commissioner.

Contact Us

    Mona Salehi Notaire – Trusted Notary in Montreal