Before making a will, it is important to ask yourself some questions to be sure that the will really reflects the wishes of the testator. Making a will requires preparation. The will is an important document that will serve as a guide to achieve your last wishes.
The benefits of making a notarial will are undeniable. Whatever form of will you choose, there are certain questions you will have to ask yourself and find the answers.
At each stage of your reflection, it is advisable to talk with your loved ones who may have a role to play as liquidator or guardian.
Questions to ask yourself before having a notary draw up your will
Here is a list of questions to help you be prepared for writing your will.
- Who do you wish to name as heir(s)?
- What share(s) of the inheritance do you want to leave to him/her/them?
- How should your inheritance be shared if one of your heirs dies or is unable to collect their share?
- Who will be named as liquidator of your estate?
- Do you want the liquidator to be paid? If so, how much?
- Who will replace the liquidator if he/she dies or abandons the office?
- Who will be the guardian of your minor children?
- Do you want the guardian to be paid? If so, how much?
- Who will replace him or her if necessary?
- What are your instructions for your funeral?
- Would you consent to donate your organs?
- How do you transfer and manage your business?
- How do you transfer and manage your digital assets?
- Are there any charities close to your heart that you want to show your support for after your death?
- Who will take care of your pet?
This list of questions is not exhaustive, and your notary may ask others in order to draw up your will.
Do you want a notary to draw up your will? Contact us at 514-903-8560 to make an appointment today. And remember that making your will doesn’t mean you die!
Monasalehinotaire.com – Notary and Marriage Celebrant