Liquidation of an estate is a demanding job. Just as you might have planned ahead and made a will (preferably notarized) and made funeral pre-arrangements, you could also prepare a list of documents and information to help your heirs with your estate.
List of documents and useful information for your heirs
Here is a list of documents and information that could be useful to your heirs:
- your holographic will or will made in the presence of witnesses if you have not made a notarized will
- list of your real estate in Canada,
- list of your real estate abroad,
- list of your movable property in Canada,
- list of your movable property abroad,
- list of banks in which you have an account and account numbers,
- lists of debts,
- list of your computer codes,
- list of your investments,
- list of your holdings in companies and the relevant documents such as a shareholders’ agreement, for example,
- list and location of your safety deposit boxes,
- life insurance policies,
- marriage contract or cohabitation agreement,
- judgment of divorce or legal separation,
- private key for your cryptocurrencies,
- contact details of your accountant.
Do you have any questions about liquidation of an estate?
Don’t hesitate to contact us at 514-903-8560. It will be our pleasure to enlighten you and support you on the process of liquidation of an estate.