To get married civilly in Quebec, there are certain administrative steps you have to go through. Other steps can be added depending on the type of marriage you want to arrange.
Here we present the main steps for a civil marriage in Quebec.
Main steps to get married in Quebec
- Step 1: Find your soul mate!
- Step 2: Choose the date of your wedding
- Step 3: Choose the place for your wedding
- Step 4: Prepare your identity documents and proof of marital status
- Step 5: Choose a civil marriage celebrant or a religious celebrant
- Step 6: Choose the various service providers for your wedding (photographer, makeup artist, reception room, limousine, etc.)
Have a marriage contract notarized if your situation requires it or if you wish to choose a matrimonial regime other than partnership of acquests
- Step 7: Choose a witness for signing the notice of marriage
- Step 8: Choose two witnesses for signing the marriage deed (one witness per spouse)
- Step 9: Celebrate your marriage
- Step 10: Receive, from the marriage celebrant, the temporary proof of your civil or religious marriage
- Step 11: Receive, from the Quebec Director of Civil Status, the proof of registration of your civil marriage
- Step 12: Order your act of marriage or marriage certificate
- Step 13: Enjoy the happiness of your newlywed life!
Mtre Mona Salehi, Notary, and her team are available to support you in the various steps of your civil marriage.
Mtre Mona Salehi Inc. – Notary and civil marriage celebrant